The Rising Writer Contest is for a first full-length book of poetry by an author 33 years old or younger. Autumn House believes in supporting the work of younger, less-established writers who will become the voices of an emerging generation.
The judge for the 2018 contest is poet Richard Siken.
Guidelines for the 2018 AHP Rising Writer Contest:
- Must be author’s first full-length collection (previous publications of chapbooks or self-published books are fine).
- Authors must be 33 years old or younger in this calendar year
- The winner will receive book publication, $500 advance against royalties, and a $500 travel/publicity grant to promote their book
- All finalists will be considered for publication
- Poetry submissions should be approximately 50-70 pages
- Contest results will be announced on our website www.autumnhouse.org
- Please don’t include your name anywhere on the actual MS. Include your name and contact info in the “cover letter” section of Submittable as well as a brief bio. Feel free to include a TOC.
- We only accept electronic submissions through our submission manager
- $25 reading fee to enter