Autumn House is pleased to announce the winner of the 2017 Rising Writers Contest is The Drowning Boy’s Guide to Water by Cameron Barnett!
The Rising Writer Contest is for a first full-length book of poetry by an author 33 years old or younger. Autumn House believes in supporting the work of younger, less-established writers who will become the voices of an emerging generation.
Guidelines for the 2018 AHP Rising Writer Contest:
For the 2018 contest, the preliminary judges are members of the Autumn House staff, and the final judge is Richard Siken. The winner will be awarded publication of a full-length manuscript and $1,000. The contest opens November 1, 2017 and the deadline for entries is January 31, 2018. For further questions, feel free to email us.
- Must be author’s first full-length collection (previous publications of chapbooks or self-published books are fine).
- Authors must be 33 years old or younger in this calendar year
- The winner will receive book publication, $500 advance against royalties, and a $500 travel/publicity grant to promote his or her book.
- All finalists will be considered for publication.
- Poetry submissions should be approximately 50-70 pages.
- Contest results will be announced on our website www.autumnhouse.org.
- Please include with manuscript: Cover letter with current contact information (name, address, phone number, and email address), table of contents, and acknowledgments of previously published poems.
- We only accept electronic submissions through our submission manager
- $25 reading fee to enter